IT TAKES COURAGE- TD JAKES, LES BROWN, AND ERIC THOMAS
most people take their greatness, take their ideas to the
graveyard with them.
listen to me, if it was easy everybody would do it there are
people right now who are working who don't want to work, they're people who
hate their jobs but they keep getting up to do it.
the wealthiest place on the planet is the graveyard. because in the graveyard, we will find inventions that we never ever were exposed to ideas, dreams that never became reality. hopes and aspirations that were never acted upon life is a mystery if you take away the mystery and everything was certain you wouldn't need faith.
faith functions best when you don't know so god often puts us in positions where we don't know to destabilize us from relying too much on what we know where your faith is not penetrating and you don't see it. vengeance and anger and hurt create blind spots.
I'm not talking about
good people and evil people, right people and wrong people, I'm talking about
places where there should be love but there's hate like maybe your heart.
I wonder what is in
your blind spot. who is suffering in your blind spot for the lack of something
that you refuse to give?
some people are nicer
to strangers than they are to their own family. how can you say that you love
God and hate me? just because you're gifted and just because you're anointed
and just because you're successful doesn't mean you're right. just because you
made a lot of money doesn't mean you're right. you cannot substitute cash for
righteousness.
if god measures the
saturation of our faith by the way we treat people, how deep is yours? how deep
are you really?
what I am asking you to do is to reflect on the mercy you have been given, the reason I have to be merciful is that I have received mercy. and every time I want to be judgmental I keep remembering something that God did in my life.
ALSO READ- dont-quit-by-eric-thomas
mercy doesn't end
with your mercy begins with you. I think God wants to make you a sanctuary. he
wants to make your heart a sanctuary. this is not about them this is about you.
God wants you to be free.
you got to have the courage. do you have the courage to act outwardly on what you see inwardly? or will you die a dreamer? will you die on the verge and on the edge and on in the land of Cuda water and sugar? do you have the courage I'm gonna drop something on you it takes courage to be successful? it is far easier not to be successful.
misery will always have company. success breeds
contempt. if you don't want to make waves be mediocre, be normal, and fit in.
and if you're more concerned about people than you are god then neutralizes
everything he put in you just fit in with everybody else. dress like them walk
like them, act like them, eat like them, go where they go, think like them, think do
what they do. and once you neutralize your uniqueness, you don't need courage. it
takes courage to be different, it takes courage to go where you've never gone
before for some of you it took courage to come to this conference.
it takes courage to
get you outside of the bar it takes courage to be successful. it takes courage
to win. people don't talk about people that don't win. if you win they're going
to talk about you. do you have the courage to stand there through the storms
keep reaching and the people get to talking and you stand there and say I've
come too far to turn around? do you have the courage?
I'm gonna say something to you, it takes courage to be exceptional. it takes courage to be wise. it takes courage to be rich. it takes courage to be educated. it takes courage to be knowledgeable. because the moment you do it you don't talk like you know you don't gotta forget where you came from a look at you it takes courage.
and I'm just wondering in this weak watered down mediocre society that
we live in today, in this reality tv world we live in today I'm wondering if there's
anybody left that's got the courage to say after all I've been through and all
my ancestors have been through and all my parents have been through I didn't
come through all of that just to fit in with normalcy. I have the courage to go
after my dream, is there a woman left in this entire colosseum that's got some
courage?
Comments
Post a Comment